Newmarket Roofing Services
Metal roofing is increasing rapidly in popularity. Homeowners are looking to take themselves out of the roofing dilemma by installing long lasting metal roofs and avoiding additional higher costs in the future due to re-installation and repair requirements.
When you decide what you want to put over your house as far as roofing goes, there are many choices available these days. With so many natural disasters occurring and tough financial times forecasted, many people in Canada want to know how to save money and be guarded against calamities.
Most people have always gone with the traditional asphalt shingles as the most common solution to replace their roof. But there are arguments saying that there are much better ways of getting the long-lasting results that are so desperately required. People are looking around and noticing that there has been a surge in metal roofs – suddenly there is a great fuss as people realizing that more might be actually less when it comes to these roofs.
In the past, a metal roof was considered almost unsightly. Today, they have the very same appeal of the shingled roofs and come in an array of stunning colors too. You can opt for standing seam types or what looks like the traditional shingle if that’s what you want. But in the case of metal roofing tiles, you get strength, durability, and beauty. When you do one day move away, your house, with its metal roof, is going to be considered a huge selling point bonus!
Did you know that you get many different types of metal roofs; they are not all created equal?
What you choose can also influence longevity. The bottom line is; a metal roof lasts a lifetime. Doesn’t that sound appealing?
Metal roofing is available in many options across Ontario and Newmarket is no exception. Some are so anxious to get metal roofs that they are looking to replace their current roofing systems. Metal is actually quite a broad term when it comes to roofs but let professionals like Top Metal Roofs guide you to what is best suited for your home. They will help you choose between –
- Galvanized steel
- Galvanized coated steel
- Stainless steel
So take your pick – the professionals will let you know exactly what the pros and cons are of all the different materials and brands that you have picked out for your home. No need for any confusion when you hear a professional roofer talking about technical stuff like metal sheets or coils, panels, and seams, underlaying etc.
These days, when it comes down to decisions and cost about whether to put shingles or metal roofing on your home, metal roofs are winning hands down. They give owners peace of mind, knowing that the harsh elements can pound all they like, but their roof will withstand.
A metal roof over an old roof?
If you have a home that has already got an existing wood or asphalt roof, your expert company will let you know how you can install your new metal roof over that old roof. That will reduce your costs even more. Discuss it with your professional roof whom you can trust to be licensed, bonded and insured. Let’s look at the benefits of metal roofing:
- A lifetime of protection with no or very little repair costs and maintenance.
- Your costs for heating and cooling are just about halved.
- Mold growth is eliminated.
- You get a warranty for your roof.
- A metal roof increases your property value because of its durability but also because of its attractiveness.
- Because it is resistant to moisture, wind, lightning, your home insurance rates are reduced.
- Metal is often more lightweight than other materials which eliminates structural sagging.
- Metal roofing offers several distinct advantages over other roofing substrates. Metal is a lightweight substrate, weighing about 40-120 pounds per square compared to asphalt/fiberglass shingles at 210-350 pounds per square. Wood shingles weigh at 200-300 pounds per square and even more when wet. Clay/cement tiles weigh 800-1,000 pounds per square.
- Metal roofs are 100% recyclable.
- Metal roofs also have the lowest rate of water absorption — less than 1% compared to wood shingles at 100%, asphalt/fiberglass shingles between 10-10%, and cement and clay tiles at 5-10%. Because water absorption can damage roofing substrates by rotting, cracking or freezing, which can eventually cause roof failure or the need for replacement.
- Metal roofs are also the most energy-efficient in that they reflect radiant heat, reducing cooling requirements by up to 40%.
Metal: 50 years, plus a workmanship warranty from the installer, with an average lifespan of 50+ years. Repairs and replacements are rare. 100% recyclable.
Asphalt: Frequent replacement cost every 10-20 years. Average warranty of 10-30 years, heavily pro-rated with many limitations. It ends up in landfills after a short lifespan where it can take up to 300 years to decompose.
The cost of the materials, the labor, escalating energy costs, etc. you want to do it right, you want the product that is going to impress you with its lasting beauty, durability, and energy efficiency. That’s plenty to think about. Often homeowners believe that when they install a new roof, it will be years before a new roof or repairs will be required, forgetting that some re-roofing cycles last anywhere from 12-20 years only. Lots of homeowners keep replacing their roofs with the same basic products expecting different results, but unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that.
Even architects are suggesting metal roofs to their clients. These guys are drawn to metal roofs for all their environmental benefits, as well as to complement their own creations. Architects say that metal today is the ideal way to showcase what many people often think of as an afterthought. And architects are suggesting them because they green-friendly, but also so stylish. After all, new products are coming onto the market which looks like shingles; with heaps of variety with plenty of merits.
Get in touch with Top Metal Roofs for a quote today for your Newmarket roofing project. We will produce the roof for you in your area; a roof that will add value to your home and that you will be proud of for years on end. Here at Top Metal Roofs, we pride ourselves on our customer support and satisfaction. If you are planning to install a new commercial roof for your project, you can be part of our success stories. Top Metal Roofs will handle all your commercial roofing projects in Toronto and our consultants will guide you through each step. Call us at 647-470-7161 and we will deliver a roof that not only protects you from the elements but also reflects your business style!